Children have the greatest chance of reaching their potential and becoming positive members of the school community if schools treat parents as partners” (Grant Wood).
Families are the life force of our school. As the child’s first teacher, we honor and delight in the prospect of partnering with you in your child’s first journey into a social context outside the loving arms of his/her home life.
Though we are not a parent cooperative, we do value the input, support, and volunteerism that helps create a caring and inclusive school culture. Curious Minds Learning Center strives to partner with you in making this time in your family’s life a safe and enriching experience.
There are a myriad of ways to become involved at Curious Minds Learning Center:
- Our Parent Association works together with room parents in each class to provide social interactions outside the school building, such as holiday parties, mom’s (and dad’s) night out, park playdates on non-school days, and our annual CMLC movie night each spring.
- Our Natural Classroom days invite parent volunteers to help supervise as well as partner with the teachers in creating memorable outdoor experiences for the children.
- We regularly invite parents to spend “a day in the life” of their preschooler.
- Each fall, we celebrate the changing of the seasons with a Heritage Feast, with families contributing foods from their various cultures, whether mac ‘n cheese or Indian dahl.
- Too busy to volunteer? We understand. Families are invited to donate a bouquet of flowers to beautify their child’s classroom or make a batch of fresh playdough.
Communication is the life force of any collaborative enterprise. Our interactive password-protected Wiki holds our parent directory, calendar, volunteer signups, photos, and our weekly journals that each educator writes to convey the happenings in his/her classroom. In addition, we offer two formal parent-teacher conferences per year so that families and teachers can share discoveries and observations to link home and school life more effectively.